Thursday, April 10, 2008

THE FIRST DATE

DSC00044_2DSC00048_2DSC00056

DSC00049_2DSC00050_2DSC00059_2DSC00053_2

And it happened! And it happened! The First Date between Princess n Bear Bear. It's ironic that I had blogged earlier about being ready for the event when it comes and well, how life just throw us a surprise when we least expected it.

I was not given much time to prepare for this first date. Bear Bear messaged me at about 12pm on monday 7th April, to ask if I wanna accompany him to go see the doctor. Well poor bear bear hasn't been feeling well since saturday, he felt feverish and was down with flu soon after. I suspected it was a viral infection and adviced him to see a doctor. Bear Bear, Daniel Martin Wong could only go for clinics under the R group as that would be heavily subsidised by his company, Commerzbank. But the nearest clinic is in clementi and so bear bear gotta travel down in order to see the doctor. I was caught unaware by bearbear sms, which came in just as i was about to go to class and it said "dear dear u wanna accompany me to see the doctor?" It's been a long time since bearbear called me deardear... so on account of that, i agreed. haha. we arranged to meet around 7pm outside the clinic.

Was so nervous bout meeting bearbear, had butterflies in my stomach, din dare to eat alot in case my spare tyres, or to euphemise it, love handles, could not be put in check. was decked out in all pink but without accessories, makeup etc. Luckily i ended early at VT and was able to rush home to have a quick check before meeting bearbear. I took the present which i bought to welcome bearbear home. the classic, nostalgic, old fashioned music box, which has to be manually winded in order to hear the tune. I chose the "Love Story" tune, hoping that our well, we have a story to tell in the days to come....

I reached the MRT station but could not see bearbear... started to wonder if any guy in black t-shirt and blue jeans could be bear bear... din manage to hear the phone ring and waited for like 2 batches of pple to come out of the trains b4 i called bearbear... turns out he was in front of the bookshop... hidden from view... bearbear had on the same outfit as in many of the photos he sent... so he was... instantly recognised by me... haha not forgetting, he brought me my presents from Europe. They are a pair of papillio sandals, very sweet sandals, cos it has little purple hearts all over :) i like it sooo much!!! haha... pls see photo for more info... he also got me 2 tee-shirts from paris disney land, yeah! so so so cute! brings out the child in me... and there's also a keychain from England, which spells "Princess", which bearbear apparently got for 5pounds! that's so expensive... i will definitely treasure the gifts and the thought that accompanies them.

Treat_me_like_a_princess nah this is juz an afterthot... nth to do wif bearbear.

Oh it was kinda embarrassing... i din shake bearbear's hand nor hug him haha.... just said hello, bearbear Daniel Wong Liang Heng gave me a pat on the back of my head.. Bearbear's tall but with the help of the heels, i din feel so short beside him.

Bearbear's defintely bigger than me.... so i din feel that fat beside him. haha. Walked to the clinic, and it was a long walk... perspired before reaching the clinic. The clumsy princess almost fell twice, walking down the stairs... ! Gave bearbear such a shock that he asked if i wanna go home and change my heels. OF cos not! I'm the ai swee mai mia kind lor. ha. We had to wait about 1 hr before bearbear's turn. meanwhile i checked out my presents and proceeded to clear my receipts from my wallet and bearbear v gentlemently throw them away for me...

After bearbear consulted the doctor and claimed his medication, we proceeded to Jurong Point by Taxi. I jhad initially suggested having porridge at the coffeeshop in clementi, but bearbear said no, he will bring me to Soup kitchen in "Boon Lay Shopping Centre". Though i would have understood and not blame bearbear for having to eat at a coffee shop during our first date, nevertheless, it warms my heart to know that bearbear Daniel Martin Wong cared enuff to want to bring me to a nice restaurant. During the trip, bear bear shared about his friends wanting to go into food delivery, about his mum wanting to start a food business to help her friends etc... There was a point when bear bear said he could not believe this is actually happening, that he "knew " me in Germany but we are now sitting next to each other in the taxi... :) well, there's the miracle of life... we never know what it has in store for us, do we?

The dinner at Soup Kitchen was nice, had always wanted to try out the food there but haven't had the chance as yet. We ordered the set meal for 2, which consist of old cucumber soup with pork ribs, samsui chicken with ginger dip, beggars' ribs, broccoli with mushroom and olive rice. We had chrysanthemum with pu-er tea (my choice) and braised peanuts while waiting for the food to arrive. Bearbear had a hearty appetite despite feeling unwell. He finished the whole basket of olive rice! haha which i din think was nice, but bearbear said he love rice! and indeed now, with the rising prices, it's not good to waste food. Bear bear served me first before himself and got the vege to put on my plate... he certainly know how to take care of a girl. :) Bearbear also told me that i'm pretty and sweet (why do i desperately wants to believe this?)... not like the more recent photos of the ugly me... haha. Bear bear also shared how much he gets to earn for clinching some business deals with his own company, Maxsphere Solutions and Maxsphere Lancer . He had earlier handed me his namecard, Bear bear is a Managing Director of the Maxsphere group ok? dun play play. haha. The chicken arrived after we finished the other dishes... and we were almost full by then. We tried a few pieces and got the waitress to da bao the rest, inclusive of the lettuce. Bear bear paid for the meal which amounted to almost $63... times are tight, we shall be more frugal next time ya?

Then we went to look for an atm machine cos bearbear needed more cash to take taxi home. There was a long queue at the ATM machine, but bearbear refused my offer to pay for the fare nor did he agree to take the train cos he needed to meet up with some other of his Maxsphere partners for business deals.

Bear bear sent me home first, and he wanted to give me a hug before i alight, but then, i was still too shy to accept the hug. haha... we set a date to meet up again on saturday :)

Thank you bearbear.... for making me feel like special lady, for not minding my clumsiness n my balding patch, my fats.. tho bearbear did notice, i was wearing a closet! haha!


No comments: